A new year brings with it, a renewed hope and vigour. It’s the right time to channel these energies positively into your business by reviewing and setting goals for your business.
At the onset, do take a moment to appreciate all that good happened in your business- financial, social standing, success stories, new technology/ infrastructure, office expansion, working with clients who put a smile on your face.
Springboard from these moments and launch into what 2019 should look like for you?
Consider from various perspectives, what you want to review in March 2019- begin with the end in mind. Here are some points for you to get started:
- The first big one is your Financial Achievement: what would you like your profits and revenues to look like in 2019?
- What are the profit margins you want to see in your business, and what factors could contribute to it?
- Take a stock check on both costs in your business and the revenues earned-what are the factors which can be better controlled to deliver your intended profit margin?
- Take a thorough look at the Client Relationships you have- which needs to be nurtured, which needs to be pruned off?
- Clients who have shown mutual respect for the partnership, have been open and honest in communications, have listened to your advice and paid you on time- what can you do to strengthen such relationships in your business?
- Conversely, the set of clients who have not been kind to you, did not consult you and lost themselves a great candidate, those whose payments needs to be chased up on, identify them and prune them from your business?
- Who are the customers you want to work with, who are not clients yet? What initiatives will attract and encourage them to work with you?
- Stock check your Product Mix:
- Think back to last year, were there opportunities to offer a different product/service/solution, but you couldn’t for various reasons?
- Is the market looking for more diversified services? Do you spot a financial opportunity?
- Is your current product/service mix profitable? Do your salespeople know how to differentiate and sell these services?
- Consider the Marketing Initiatives, both online and offline which you want to initiate or strengthen this year?
- Basis the strategy you want to follow from points above, what marketing initiatives will complement your efforts?
- What marketing initiatives will form the core of your offline activities? How will you want to go about it?
- What online initiatives will resonate with your vision and mission and how do you want to be known in your market? What’s your niche? All marketing communication needs to diverge from this focal point? So, take a detailed view of this aspect of your business goal.
- What Technological Investments do you want to make this year for the business?
- Technology has pervaded almost all aspects of recruitment, it has helped in increasing productivity and process efficiency- what investments would you want to make this year regards this?
- What about the existing technology- is that enabler or disabler?
- Consider the People aspect of your business.
- This is the most critical success factor for your business- and must be considered from expansion, retention as well as letting of under-performance.
- Evaluate your business inside-out to find out both best practices and gaps when it comes to creating a performance driven culture.
- What are the current practices for hiring? Does it need change to reflect the performance-driven culture?
- What are the parameters on which individual performance is currently being evaluated? Is there a buy-in for it?
- Are expectations clearly communicated? Is everybody well trained to perform their jobs to the best of ability?
- What are the rewards, recognition and career advancement aspects of your business? Is everybody clear on how to achieve it?
- How is retrenchment on performance lag handled?
- Do keep an eye out on Macro Factors, usually outside the business control- these include major policy changes by Government, sectoral disruptions, upcoming general elections in the country.
- Though not in business control, what can you do to offset the possible disruptions- work out a contingency plan!
Being in any business is exciting, being in a recruitment business is even more so. So, get your thinking hats on and chart out the best year in your business.
Here’s to an inspirational, successful, rewarding, all things nice and bright 2019!!
6 aspiring entrepreneurs embark on their entrepreneurial journey by joining Antal’s growing global network
Antal International, global leader in executive recruitment business is glad to announce 4 new offices joining its growing global network. Currently Antal has 146+ offices across the globe. In India, Antal has 45 offices across 13 cities.
Antal International, an Executive Recruitment firm offers franchise opportunities to aspiring entrepreneurs who are looking for a business opportunity that will help them utilize their professional work experience and knowledge to build a successful recruitment business.
Between March and June we had 5 new office launches across India. Our new Managing Partners come with years of professional experience and industry knowledge and this will help them lay foundation to their new venture.
Meet Our New Owners from March 2018 Class:
Vishal Madan started his career with Amdocs’s Cyprus Development Centre 17 years back as a Trainee Programmerand has left Amdocs as a Director in 2018 to join the Antal International Network.
He has played various roles and responsibilities across Product Research and Development, Delivery, Production Support and Operations, Program Management, Data Management and Migration Services etc. These roles were performed at Customer sites and Development Centers across Cyprus, India, Canada and Singapore.
In addition to the core roles and responsibilities, he has even managed the Hiring and Onboarding portfolio. He has been mentoring and coaching professionals through all roles on career changes and has been associated with Mentor Together, a non-profit organization that facilitates one-to-one mentoring relationships for disadvantaged young people. He is PMP certified since 2009. Vishal also has a passion for 10m air pistol shooting and aspires to be a professional sports shooter.
As an Antal Owner, Vishal will be based out of Magarpatta in Pune. He will recruit within
Information Technology, Telecommunications. To know more about him visit his microsite https://www.antal.com/office/pune-magarpatta-city/258
Chandrakant Patel is senior management professional with over 20 Years of experience in FMCG & Telecom acrossIndia. He is a competitive blend of FMCG & Telecom sectors and has handled Product, Brand & Marketing, Sales & Business Development and Customer & Revenue Management portfolios. His diverse experience cuts across 5 regional & 5 national assignments i.e. firstly with India’s largest food product marketing organisation called Amul (GCMMF Ltd) for nearly 7 years and then with India’s leading telecom operators like Reliance, Idea, Aircel and Airtel.
As an Antal Owner, Chandrakanth will be based out of South Bhopal in Ahmedabad. He will recruit within Banking & Finance, Digital, Financial Services, FMCG, Insurance and Marketing. To know more about him visit his microsite https://www.antal.com/office/ahmedabad-south-bopal/263
Meet Our New Owners from June 2018 Class:
Antal Gurgaon – Sohna Road
Deepak Jain, a Chartered Accountant, Cost Accountant and Company Secretary by Profession. Deepak has over 22 years of experience in various facets of Finance & Accounting across Indian Companies and Multinational Corporations. He has been recruiting and training his team from a very young age and has been leading his Division from the last 10 years plus.
As an Antal Owner, Deepak will be based out of Sohna Road in Gurgaon. He will recruit within Manufacturing, Retail sectors and will specialize within Accounting, Finance, Legal. To know more about him visit his microsite https://www.antal.com/office/gurgaon-sohna-road/266
Antal Chennai – Neelankarai
Velmurugan has close to 2 decades of experience that straddles across industries in the sales, marketing & media domains. Velmurugan was with CavinKare leading the media duties for CavinKare brands. He was later with Lenovo in Asia Pacific & India roles as the marketing communication and digital marketing lead. As an Antal Owner, Velu will be based in Chennai. He will recruit within
Building Materials, FMCD, FMCG, Retail sectors and will specialize within Sales & Marketing. To know more about him visit his microsite https://www.antal.com/office/neelankarai-chennai/267
Shailin comes in with 25 years of rich corporate experience. He spent the first 9 years with leading brands such as United Colors of Benetton, Walt Disney Consumer Products, etc. He spent the next 16 years with one of India’s leading and premier life insurance companies, HDFC Life. During his enriching stint at HDFC Life, Shailin has spearheaded various verticals encompassing Bancassurance, Strategic Alliances and Institutional Business. He was also instrumental in conceptualizing and developing a unique customer engagement program on the digital platform. At the time he moved out of HDFC Life to join the Antal family, he was Senior Vice President – Bancassurance, leading insurance distribution in the growth verticals of a leading Bank in India.
Ruchi started her career in apparel design and garment making. Over the years she developed an interest in executive search and launched her own search business in the year 2001. For the next few years, she spearheaded executive search for two of India’s leading BPOs. She was instrumental in placing various mid to senior level executives over this time, some of whom are still working at top management positions in those enterprises today. She took a break thereafter to focus on the family, but executive search continued to interest her. Along with Shailin, Ruchi will focus on research and building high quality deliveries.
As an Antal Owners, Shailin and Ruchi will be based out of Goregaon West in Mumbai . They will recruit within Banking, Financial Services, Insurance sectors and will specialize within Sales, Business Development, Strategic Alliances, Acquisition, Distributor Management, Channel Management, Marketing, Digital Marketing, Digital Technologies, Artificial Intelligence, Robotics.
If you are keen on knowing how you can launch your own recruitment business just like they did visit https://india.antalfranchising.com
If you want to be your own boss, make sure you’re finding the best franchise for you, Jheel Kacharia,FranchiseSales Manager tells you why Antal is the best option for professionals who are looking to start their own business utilizing their professional experience. Here’s a business which gives you an opportunity to ‘Be your own Boss’ rather than operate as an “Outsourced Recruiter”
Why is Antal’s franchising opportunity different from the other service/recruitment franchise opportunities available today?
- It is an opportunity to “Be Your Own Boss” rather than operate as an “Outsourced Recruiter” for another Agency
- Antal’s Methodology
- Training & Coaching for both ‘Start-Up’ & ‘Scale-Up’ challenges
How does being part of a large global professional network help motivate and inspire Antal owners? Wouldn’t a large network mean more competition and survival of the fittest kind-of environment?
A large professional environment helps you to feel a part of something bigger than yourself along with shared experiences and learning. Antal owners complement each other rather than compete with each other.
What kind of support do you provide your to your Managing Partners and their consultants
- Complete Handholding from Information Gathering Stage to Decision making to Working & Growing the Business.
- Developing a Strategy and Business Plan tailored to your approach – Solo Producer, Single Rainmaker or Multiple Rainmakers.
- Negotiation with clients & ability to take on larger projects by capitalizing the network strength and help with Client Meetings, if needed
- 100+ years of experience of setting up, running and scaling up recruitment businesses
- Annual Global Conference, Owner Meetings and Regular Conference Calls across all Offices to foster belongingness and maximize business potential from cross border referrals
- Operational support like IT set up, Sales Brochure, Presentation Material, all relevant stationery articles including standardized Letterheads, Business Cards, Invoice Templates, Branded envelop templates
What are Antal’s future plans?
Antal Plans to open 40-50 new offices by 2021, add more geographies, sector and disciplines into the fray.
How would you describe an Antal Franchise Owner?
A Professional with experience 10-30 years of work experience. Has an entrepreneurial mind-set along with risk taking ability. Also is ready to strive a few years to build his own business.
What would you aspire an aspiring entrepreneur who is longing to pursue his entrepreneurial dream but is afraid to take the leap
First and foremost weigh your options well and make sure that your family is on board with your idea. If it’s your dream to become an Entrepreneur any time is good time till you are ready to work for it. Also franchisee business succeed 73% more than any other business.
If you’re an aspiring entrepreneur who is looking for a franchise opportunity that will allow you to leverage your professional expertise to set up your own recruitment business, speak to Jheel Kacharia today! You may call her on +91 9930099216 or write to her @ JKacharia@antal.com
For more information on our franchising opportunity visit https://india.antalfranchising.com/
He has more than 17 years of rich experience in automotive sector. He worked in well known auto Multinationals (fortune 500 cos.) and Indian auto giant in the areas such as Operations, Manufacturing, Logistics, Quality, Process planning, New launches, Developing manufacturing systems , Greenfield & Global launches and has substantial international exposure working on global car launches.
Nagesh is adventurous and likes extreme sports, travelling, trekking, mountaineering and music. The life of an entrepreneur is full of ups and downs. One day things are exciting; the next we have to face a new hassle. In this unpredictable life as an entrepreneur, Nagesh has managed to make time for himself and for his passion for adventure sport as his new found passion for running. Nagesh shares how running has has kept him motivated, emotionally strong, built his bonding skills as well as made him more focused and disciplined in chasing his entrepreneurial goals. Here’s a glimpse into his journey in becoming more disciplined, focused and persistent
- How did your journey as an avid marathoner begin: It started few years back when there was a mini marathon of 3 kms for parents in my daughter’s school. I was practicing jogging then but it used to be just a casual workout. I decided to participate in this run and I finished it at 4th position amongst 30 odd parents who participated then. I found the experience quite joyful and motivating. I decided to take running seriously and started practicing on a regular basis. Within one year of practice I participated in Pune International Marathon for 10 kms distance and completed the run successfully in a decent time. There after I participated in various short marathons focusing on improving my performance (pace).
- How has it impacted your life today – Indeed, I think I am more fit person today. From last 3 years there has been no minor and major illness touching my life. I have lots of energy to handle daily challenges. I truly feel I am going in the reverse of my age.
- How has this affected your business: I would say the biggest benefit of running has been shown in the business. Long distance running (LDR) is extremely challenging both physically and mentally. By practicing LDR you are training yourself to handle any kind of extreme challenge and precisely that is helping in our business as well. While you are practicing LDR your focus is squarely on running and you break the mammoth task of running 10kms/21kms/42kms into small goals of lets say half a km or a km. Similarly in our business if you focus on each and every call,activity, interactions, negotiations, meetings etc, at the end you will achieve the big targets you have kept in your mind. I can draw one more parallel; when you participate in Long Distance Marathon, you focus on your own result, you are least bothered about who is running ahead of you, behind you or with you. As you run more and more Marathons, you start focusing on improving your own performance. Similarly in Business, you compete with yourself and you should always try to be better than your formal self and not compete with others who may be there in business for years who are legends or there are some who are just novice.
- What does running mean to you today : Running has become a way my of life. It brings enormous joy to me. It helps me handle my stress and frustrations in much better ways.
- Inspite of a busy schedule is it possible to prioritize and take time out for a sport or a hobby: Running, any kind of exercise or sports are very important part of our life and one should not excuse them for lack of time. Infact make these activities an overriding priority and you will have far better quality of life.
- Taking up a sport or music or any other hobby; Does it bring a change in your working style: Certainly. you become much more confident in handling any challenging situations, you are more focused and balanced.
- What’s your advice to entrepreneurs or business leaders who think they are too busy to take up something they are passionate about apart from their profession : I would certainly advise them to take running, weight lifting or any kind of physically & mentally challenging sports as your hobby. You can certainly travel from fitness to success.
Nagesh Joshi office in Chinchwad Pune largely focuses on sectors around Automotive, Engineering and Manufacturing sector. Highly competent consultants at Antal – Pune are handpicked for the expertise they bring either from the Recruitment / Search background or as a functional specialist from a specific sector. If you’re looking to hire exceptional talent within the above sectors/discipline visit his microsite https://www.antal.com/office/pune-india/115
Associate Your Recruitment Business with a Global Brand & Strengthen your Position in the Global Market.
Associating your successful Recruitment Business with Antal International as an Alliance Partner gives you access to:
- Leverage from a global brand represented across 33 countries (150+ offices) – 48offices in India.
- Share business through the network of offices – last year 25% of our total group revenue was generated through shared business.
- Move talent globally through our extensive Network
- Antal Training solutions for your Business to help optimize performance and boost growth
- Regular international networking, strategy events and conferences in India and globally
- Co-branding as an Alliance Partner with Antal to accelerate Business Growth
- Brand Logo featured on Antal’s Alliance Partner Page
- 2 sessions annually with Tony Goodwin, CEO Antal International for the Entire Alliance Group
- Support in Crafting a Business Plan to achieve Yearly Growth
- PR & Branding Support
The Association fee is Rs. 2.5 lakhs + GST followed by an Annual cost of Rs.2 lakhs + GST per year. The Term will be valid for 5 years which can be renewed upon conclusion
We share Information, Knowledge and Experience for the Benefit of our Colleagues, Clients and Candidates – and we do this Better than anyone in the World!
At Antal, we believe strongly in our Entrepreneurial Ethos and we’re always looking for ways to optimise and strengthen our position in the global market.
We can save you time, worry and money! Most importantly, we remove the risk of running a business that lacks the expert insights of a Successful Mentor with Global Multi-Domain & Industry Expertise!