Together Towards Tomorrow – Antal India Owners Meet
The Antal India Owners Meet is a great way to connect with and network with Owners, Support team and Management. It also provides us the opportunity to network, build relations and share business. This year we had 22 Owners attend this meeting from across the country, the Antal India Support Team as well as Mr. Tony Goodwin.
The meeting began with Joe Devasia and Tony Goodwin greeting everyone and articulating a small welcome note. They focused on the need to build relationships through networking and using opportunities like the Owners Meet to network and share business. Post which the group was invited to recite our company’s motto “Sharing Information, knowledge and experience…for the benefit of clients, candidates and colleagues. ” (Watch the video here >> https://goo.gl/hpdxIE)
- Joe then updated the owners on the Sectoral Forecast for the year where he spoke about every promising sector that we work within such as Automobile, Real Estate, Agro, Travel & Tourism, FMCG/CD, IT, Infrastructure, Media
- Joe then presented the Year Gone By & Year Ahead for Antal India.
- He also spoke about new business and mentioned ATOS, which was referred to Antal Romania through coverage in Indian media.
- Antal India’s total Media Coverage was valued at 1.25 Cr in the past year, the majority of which was in Leading Publications that Gina worked diligently to get for Antal without any remuneration.
- He also made special reference to
- Nagesh Joshi having the highest number of sharing assignments with international offices
- Antal India Blog appears on the 1st Page on Google Search
- New Antal India Franchise Website india.antalfranchising.com
- Boost In Social Media Activities using the hashtags
The key speaker for the Owners meet was Mr. Birender Ahluwalia, who lectured a session on ‘Converting Yearly Plans into Reality’. Mr. Ahluwalia focused on increasing productivity at work by nurturing positive people. This highly interactive and energetic session gave a perfect start to this day long event.
- Goodwin focused on Key Account Management and how Owners can build profitable and successful businesses by Ultra-Specialisation (identifying & focusing on a niche). He highlighted various business developments happening across the Antal Global Network. He stressed on the need to constantly look for new opportunities and he brilliantly put this in this line “Don’t see closed or half open doors, just focus on the Opportunity behind the Door”. Show initiatives and take risk.”
Gina Mascarenhas took the following session on ‘Social Media for Recruitment Business’. This session highlighted the need for Owners building and maintaining a personal brand on various online digital platforms. She gave a few tips on how to create, build and maintain a strong online presence. She also shared tips on how to work on content development
The next session ‘Learning from Account Mining – Owner Stories‘ was a panel discussion chaired by Ms. Shinu Jose, Director-Training. The panel consisted of the Antal Stalwarts Joseph Devasia, Praveen Dewan, Nagesh Joshi, Mayank Chandra and Vinu Nair. These Owners addressed the forum about how they manage and maintain their Key Accounts as well as the importance on continuously building new business.
LinkedIN conducted a session “LinkedIn for Lead Generation”, where they spoke about the various tools Owners could use to build their businesses as well as key LinkedIn tips and tricks. We also had Mr Anirban from Mettl – a secure, flexible online candidate skills assessments platform. He conducted a session on ‘Creating high performance teams’.
Shinu Jose then took another session ‘A Rigorous Interview Process’ with the Owners on hiring PRC’s for their Office.
Mr. Vinu Nair, Managing Partner Antal India conducting a small session ‘Leveraging capability across offices’ this session focussed on offices working in same discipline can join hands together and sell Antal as one.
Mr. Anil P Dev spoke about ‘Position Specific Terms or Empanelment’ another great session to build profitable businesses.
With this session it was time to ‘call it a wrap’. But before we could ‘call it a day’ we had to pose for a team pic