Chase your Career Goals for 2017
It’s been a week since we rung in 2017. If you haven’t set your career goals yet; it’s not too late.
We have listed 3 steps that can help you achieve your Career Goals for 2017
- DEFINE YOUR CAREER GOALS: To start, make sure you have a clear and concise career goal. Ask yourself –
- What do I want to achieve IN 2017??
- Where do I see myself AT THE END OF 2017?
- Do I want a senior position in my company?
- Do I want a new job with a new company?
- Should I start a new business?
Once you have your goal CLARIFIED in mind, evaluate..
- How important is this goal TO ME PERSONALLY AND PROFESSIONALLY?
- Is MY goal realistic?
- Is it motivating enough for me to chase it?
- Am I willing to put in enough efforts to achieve it?
Once you have answers to these questions and you are confident about chasing and achieving your that career goal, you can then go ahead and work a plan around it
- PLAN TO ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS: Chalk out a strategy that will not only lead you to your goal but will also keep you going and push you forward especially when the going gets tough. Plan your roadmap that will help you explore multiple opportunities and will help keep you focused
- If you’re looking for a job change, start networking with industry leaders/recruiters, start working on your resume and LinkedIn profile to make yourself more accessible and digitally visible (for tips on how to make yourself digitally visible, without looking desperate click here http://bit.ly/2jhxTez)
- Start following and networking with recruiters to understand what the industry hiring trends are like.
- If you are looking for a senior position step-up, study the role you want to be promoted to or hired for, and start working towards building your skills to match the requirements for that role. Volunteer proactively for those projects which will equip you with these competences for stepping up. If you believe you are weak in an area of competence, develop yourself by reading, taking courses, asking advice from mentors and implementing those ideas at work.
- Similarly if you’re an aspiring entrepreneur, analyze and study the market to find out what kind of entrepreneurial opportunities are in store for you. Figure out what is the kind of investment of emotion, hard work and finances that will be required and how will you meet these demands. Meet other entrepreneurs to understand what life they lead as Business Owners. Contemplate on the various business options you have – whether you want to venture out alone or in partnership or you want to invest in a franchise.
- EXECUTION OF YOUR PLAN: This is where you put your plan to action; this is the ‘make or break’ point of your plan.
- Prioritize and structure your plan: Give your plan a structure that needs to be followed similar to a ‘to – do’ list. A flow plan with all necessary steps that need to be taken one after another
- Set Timelines: Create a timeline for every activity you ought to do to achieve your goal; this will help you stay on track and give you enough room to make alternate changes when needed. Keep enough time to review your plan at regular intervals (every quarter)
- Keep a Tracker: It is very important to keep a track of your plan and review it periodically as this will help you stick to your timeline. Review will help make amendments whenever necessary.
A simple plan like the above with a little dedication, discipline and persistence can help you achieve your career aspirations for 2017. If you are looking for a nearest Niche Recruiter who will guide you or help you achieve your career goals click here http://bit.ly/2i7sAMO