You are unhappy with your job and start looking for other opportunities in the market. Eventually, you get the job and happily put in your papers. However, your boss begs you to stay and gives you a counteroffer. Then what will you do?
When it comes to resigning, counteroffers are common and accepting them is definitely not a good idea. They can do more harm than good even if you get a higher salary and more responsibilities that can further your career. Most people have strong reasons for leaving jobs. Getting a counteroffer is not necessarily solving the underlying job dissatisfaction issues because they are in all likelihood not going to get addressed that quickly.
When you are being given a counteroffer, is the company really acknowledging your contributions and if so why didn’t they do it before? If it takes your resignation for the company to notice your value, then you are better off being with an organisation that is more proactive in fulfilling your career ambitions.
Employers often use the loyalty card to make you stay. But, do they have a good track record in being loyal to their employees? According a survey by Antal International, 73% were still performing the same role despite a promise to change their job profile and 58% who were promised a compensation hike as part of the counteroffer never got any increase.
In our experience, most people who do accept counteroffers often leave the company in the next few months. The person would have already being marked as disloyal and is no longer seen as a team player. Winning back trust will be an uphill task. Plus, you may find it difficult to get along with your co-workers also as they might feel cheated in the entire process.
While you might feel like you are in a strong position now because your boss has given you a counteroffer, think again. Are they giving you a salary hike or promotion in advance? In that case, you will be most likely overlooked during the next appraisal cycle. In most cases, the employer will talk about salary parity and offer you a very low pay-rise to keep you happy. Remember, your market value is worth much more; that’s why you got a job offer in the first place.
Being asked to stay can be flattering, but it can also deceive even the best of talent.
If you want to be your own boss, make sure you’re finding the best franchise for you, Jheel Kacharia,FranchiseSales Manager tells you why Antal is the best option for professionals who are looking to start their own business utilizing their professional experience. Here’s a business which gives you an opportunity to ‘Be your own Boss’ rather than operate as an “Outsourced Recruiter”
Why is Antal’s franchising opportunity different from the other service/recruitment franchise opportunities available today?
- It is an opportunity to “Be Your Own Boss” rather than operate as an “Outsourced Recruiter” for another Agency
- Antal’s Methodology
- Training & Coaching for both ‘Start-Up’ & ‘Scale-Up’ challenges
How does being part of a large global professional network help motivate and inspire Antal owners? Wouldn’t a large network mean more competition and survival of the fittest kind-of environment?
A large professional environment helps you to feel a part of something bigger than yourself along with shared experiences and learning. Antal owners complement each other rather than compete with each other.
What kind of support do you provide your to your Managing Partners and their consultants
- Complete Handholding from Information Gathering Stage to Decision making to Working & Growing the Business.
- Developing a Strategy and Business Plan tailored to your approach – Solo Producer, Single Rainmaker or Multiple Rainmakers.
- Negotiation with clients & ability to take on larger projects by capitalizing the network strength and help with Client Meetings, if needed
- 100+ years of experience of setting up, running and scaling up recruitment businesses
- Annual Global Conference, Owner Meetings and Regular Conference Calls across all Offices to foster belongingness and maximize business potential from cross border referrals
- Operational support like IT set up, Sales Brochure, Presentation Material, all relevant stationery articles including standardized Letterheads, Business Cards, Invoice Templates, Branded envelop templates
What are Antal’s future plans?
Antal Plans to open 40-50 new offices by 2021, add more geographies, sector and disciplines into the fray.
How would you describe an Antal Franchise Owner?
A Professional with experience 10-30 years of work experience. Has an entrepreneurial mind-set along with risk taking ability. Also is ready to strive a few years to build his own business.
What would you aspire an aspiring entrepreneur who is longing to pursue his entrepreneurial dream but is afraid to take the leap
First and foremost weigh your options well and make sure that your family is on board with your idea. If it’s your dream to become an Entrepreneur any time is good time till you are ready to work for it. Also franchisee business succeed 73% more than any other business.
If you’re an aspiring entrepreneur who is looking for a franchise opportunity that will allow you to leverage your professional expertise to set up your own recruitment business, speak to Jheel Kacharia today! You may call her on +91 9930099216 or write to her @ JKacharia@antal.com
For more information on our franchising opportunity visit https://india.antalfranchising.com/
He has more than 17 years of rich experience in automotive sector. He worked in well known auto Multinationals (fortune 500 cos.) and Indian auto giant in the areas such as Operations, Manufacturing, Logistics, Quality, Process planning, New launches, Developing manufacturing systems , Greenfield & Global launches and has substantial international exposure working on global car launches.
Nagesh is adventurous and likes extreme sports, travelling, trekking, mountaineering and music. The life of an entrepreneur is full of ups and downs. One day things are exciting; the next we have to face a new hassle. In this unpredictable life as an entrepreneur, Nagesh has managed to make time for himself and for his passion for adventure sport as his new found passion for running. Nagesh shares how running has has kept him motivated, emotionally strong, built his bonding skills as well as made him more focused and disciplined in chasing his entrepreneurial goals. Here’s a glimpse into his journey in becoming more disciplined, focused and persistent
- How did your journey as an avid marathoner begin: It started few years back when there was a mini marathon of 3 kms for parents in my daughter’s school. I was practicing jogging then but it used to be just a casual workout. I decided to participate in this run and I finished it at 4th position amongst 30 odd parents who participated then. I found the experience quite joyful and motivating. I decided to take running seriously and started practicing on a regular basis. Within one year of practice I participated in Pune International Marathon for 10 kms distance and completed the run successfully in a decent time. There after I participated in various short marathons focusing on improving my performance (pace).
- How has it impacted your life today – Indeed, I think I am more fit person today. From last 3 years there has been no minor and major illness touching my life. I have lots of energy to handle daily challenges. I truly feel I am going in the reverse of my age.
- How has this affected your business: I would say the biggest benefit of running has been shown in the business. Long distance running (LDR) is extremely challenging both physically and mentally. By practicing LDR you are training yourself to handle any kind of extreme challenge and precisely that is helping in our business as well. While you are practicing LDR your focus is squarely on running and you break the mammoth task of running 10kms/21kms/42kms into small goals of lets say half a km or a km. Similarly in our business if you focus on each and every call,activity, interactions, negotiations, meetings etc, at the end you will achieve the big targets you have kept in your mind. I can draw one more parallel; when you participate in Long Distance Marathon, you focus on your own result, you are least bothered about who is running ahead of you, behind you or with you. As you run more and more Marathons, you start focusing on improving your own performance. Similarly in Business, you compete with yourself and you should always try to be better than your formal self and not compete with others who may be there in business for years who are legends or there are some who are just novice.
- What does running mean to you today : Running has become a way my of life. It brings enormous joy to me. It helps me handle my stress and frustrations in much better ways.
- Inspite of a busy schedule is it possible to prioritize and take time out for a sport or a hobby: Running, any kind of exercise or sports are very important part of our life and one should not excuse them for lack of time. Infact make these activities an overriding priority and you will have far better quality of life.
- Taking up a sport or music or any other hobby; Does it bring a change in your working style: Certainly. you become much more confident in handling any challenging situations, you are more focused and balanced.
- What’s your advice to entrepreneurs or business leaders who think they are too busy to take up something they are passionate about apart from their profession : I would certainly advise them to take running, weight lifting or any kind of physically & mentally challenging sports as your hobby. You can certainly travel from fitness to success.
Nagesh Joshi office in Chinchwad Pune largely focuses on sectors around Automotive, Engineering and Manufacturing sector. Highly competent consultants at Antal – Pune are handpicked for the expertise they bring either from the Recruitment / Search background or as a functional specialist from a specific sector. If you’re looking to hire exceptional talent within the above sectors/discipline visit his microsite https://www.antal.com/office/pune-india/115
First – You can either start your own business from scratch,
Second – You can invest in an already established franchise like ours, i.e. Antal International franchise.
Though deciding between the two may seem difficult, here are some considerations that should help you to decide which is better – starting a business or investing in an established franchise.
Do read this up before taking that plunge!
Starting Your Own Business Will Require You to Build Your Own Connections:
It is going to involve a lot more work to develop relationships with various candidates whom you can introduce to clients.
When you invest in a franchise like Antal International, though, you’ll be able to take advantage of our huge Global network, which means you’ll immediately have connections to a client history that will help you in expanding your business rapidly.
A Franchise Will Have an Established Brand:
One of the most difficult tasks of starting a small business from scratch is that you have to put a lot of effort and resources into marketing your brand. Nobody is going to know who you are, and the survival of your business will depend on how effectively you can increase awareness and generate interest in your company. This can become quite expensive – and if you don’t have any marketing experience or know-how, it can be quite challenging as well.
Not only a franchise already has a well-established brand and client base, but they also help you with your local/social media marketing efforts to get your business off on the right foot.
You Won’t Need as Much Recruitment Experience with a Franchise:
If you want to become a recruitment consultant without any kind of recruiting experience or expertise, you will face some difficulties getting your small business off the ground. Even developing a business plan is going to be a challenge.
However, if you invest in a franchise, you’re going to receive the training, guidance and operational support you need to run your franchise effectively. After all, the last thing that a franchisor wants is for their owners to fail.
With a Small Business, You’ll Be on Your Own:
Running a business is difficult enough as it is, and you may end up feeling like you’re out to sea all on your own with a small business.
With a franchise, you’ll be given full support by the franchisor as you start your business, as well as during the duration of your franchise life.
The pharmaceutical industry has been going through a series of troughs and peaks in the recent few years. Regulations like the Uniform Code of Marketing Practices (UCPMP) and price caps put by NPPA continue to pose a challenge to the industry.
At the same time, the year 2018 promises to be one where much will be consolidated. For instance, the CRO industry is slowly picking up due to better regulatory environment, streamlined approval process and slowly more clinical trials are also coming to India. Equally, in the months to come, while generic drugs may face tough competition, the biosimilar portfolio will grow. Also, companies will drive growth on therapy areas like cardio-diabetic and Onco.
In fact, there is more to anticipate on the pharma front. Companies are taking several strategic initiatives with the incoming of recent changes in regulations governing the pharma and medical devices industries, primarily to cope up with the loss of business revenue as in the case of recent caps in prices of stents and knee implants. The price caps are being seen to discourage manufacturers, mostly MNCs, from launching their premium products in India. Precisely the time has come for Indian manufacturers to come into their own. As of now, names like Sahajanand Medical Technologies, Meril Life Sciences and Sutures are expanding. Even though the skillset required to manufacture a technologically advanced product like stent remains a challenge, it is foreseen that the companies will put in steps to improve the quality of stents manufactured by local companies and even encourage them to develop more technologically advanced stents, which in turn will help the industry grow in the country.
The impact on recruitment
Manpower recruitment and retention gains a whole new meaning given the current scenario. As far as recruitment needs of the organisations are concerned, candidates with technical skills including in regulatory, clinical research, data analyst, R&D roles, will be in much greater demand since traditional sales and marketing processes are getting obsolete. For candidates in the fray, strategic and out-of the box thinking is the word for success and also stability along with communication skills due to coordination with multiple stake holders across geographies. Job hoppers are a strict no-no and interestingly, a recent trend in the healthcare sector in regulatory affairs domain is that the senior vintage RAQA professionals are slowly moving into consulting professions.
Mayank Chandra, Managing Partner, Antal International, gives an insight about the future recruiting trends in pharma sector. This article featured in Express Pharma Jan 01 – Jan 15,2018 edition. Here’s the online link to the story https://goo.gl/YPPHRu
It’s that time of the year wherein amidst all the festivity and celebrations, you also start setting goals for the New Year – personally & professionally. For your personal goals you have your family and near & dear ones to speak to, discuss, share and accordingly set your goals. However, who can advise you best on your professional goals or help you answer the ‘What Next?’ question?
Here’s your answer; Speak to a Niche Specialist Recruiter.
Pick your phone and talk to a niche specialist recruiter and tell him/her about your ambitions & career plans. Speak to him/her about all that you have done and how you would like to progress in your professional career, ask them for advice and suggestions on what could be the nest best step for your career. Niche specialist recruiters are career counselors. Their understanding of the discipline or sector they recruit within is ‘inch wide and mile deep’. They know the current hiring trends, skills that are in demand, companies that are hiring, roles that will compliment your career goals. Recruiters who focus and hire within specific domain understand that domain completely, they monitor the industry closely, they regularly speak to people within that niche and hence are aware of career moves, vacancies that are created etc. and therefore they are the best people who will guide and advice you on your next career move. A niche specialist recruiter would also tell you which company is best suited for your value systems and work style.
If you don’t have a recruiter within your professional network yet, the 1st step for your Career Plan for 2018 must be connecting and building a relationship with a Niche Specialist Recruiter, right away!!!
Every step you take to rise up on the career ladder should be carefully planned, thought through and professionally managed by an Niche Specialist Recruiter this will enable to you take advantage of the best career opportunities that will come your way in 2018.