We believe that Entrepreneurship is not a lonely journey. The excitement of the initial spark is kept alive when like-minded peers come together to share, learn and grow together and celebrate exceptional success.
The annual Antal Global Conferences have historically provided such platforms for its staff and Managing Partners. Our conferences provide a perfect setting to recognize high performers, be inspired by business growth ideas, network and share business opportunities and let the hair down!!
This year’s action-packed Antal Global Conference 2019 – Abu Dhabi left us inspired and has rejuvenated our minds. The conference stood out as stimulating, informative and entertaining. There was an exciting lineup of sessions based on the Antal Methodology to help Managing Partners structure their business strategies and a detailed plan to double their revenues next year.
With over 100 attendees from countries including Italy, Spain, Romania, Dubai, France, Russia, Germany, India and Mexico, there was also ample opportunity to network with global colleagues and understand what makes them successful.
As always, this year too, we had franchise prospects from across the globe traveling to Abu Dhabi to experience the Antal culture, meet the Owners and learn about what makes Antal unique and exciting.
Here’s what one of the franchise prospects from India had to say about his experience at the AGC 2019
“I really had a great time attending this conference. I never felt that I was a guest; I was warmly welcomed by everyone. The room was full of enthusiasm and excitement to learn and grow; I could feel this in every person I met. I truly liked the philosophy of the company which every Antal staff and partners live by.
It was a new world for me. Believe me; I never thought that recruitment business can be so big and exciting. Dealing with people and networking has been my passion for a long time. Now I can see a way where I can reach out to people and companies and help them hire the right talent.
I once again thank Joe and Arushi for inviting me to this conference and I look forward to being part of the Antal family.”
Scale Up Your Recruitment Business with a Global Brand & Strengthen your Position in the Global Market.
There are many facets to building a successful recruitment business, you may have set up a business that is fairly successful but has now reached a spot from where scaling up your business seems difficult.
We invite you to join us for the Antal Global Conference, where you can join many other Antal Owners, who like you run a successful recruitment business under the Antal brand name.
Associating your successful Recruitment Business with Antal gives you access to:
- Leverage from a global brand represented across 33 countries (150+ offices) – 48offices in India.
- Share business through the network of offices
- Move talent globally through our extensive Network
- Antal Training solutions for your Business to help optimize performance and boost growth
- Regular international networking, strategy events and conferences in India and globally
- Support in Crafting a Business Plan to achieve Yearly Growth
- PR & Branding Support
Get a glimpse into the entrepreneurial culture of one of the world’s fastest-growing recruitment franchise business. The Antal Global Conference is a place where likeminded people come to connect, have conversations, contribute ideas, and leave inspired to make more growth and success to their business – and the world. It’s about sharing information, knowledge, and experience for the benefit of clients, candidates, and colleagues.
The 2-day event in Abu Dhabi gives you a great opportunity to understand what Antal has to offer you as a Franchise Partner. You will also meet our recruitment partners from across the globe, who like yourself chose Antal after a successful career in the corporate world. This opportunity will allow you to interact with them and understand why they chose Antal and what it is to run a recruitment business and be part of a global network.
During these 2 days, you will be surrounded by experts, thought leaders, recruitment/sales trainers and motivational speakers who’ll use their knowledge and experience to propel you to where you want to go.
It’s the most exciting experience you’ll ever have at an event because while you explore the Antal franchise opportunity and experience the Antal entrepreneurial spirit you will also learn, grown and have fun.
Our last blog titled “THE COST OF A BAD HIRE” highlighted the pains of hiring a bad hire and the impact it can have on your team. But what next? The crime has been committed. Here are a few tips on how you can get out of this sticky situation.
- Make it your top priority.
- Get information from co-workers and understand whether the employee’s behaviour is continually subpar.
- Engage with the new employee, provide feedback so there are no surprises when a termination decision needs to be made
- If the employee is willing to start afresh – reassign rather than fire.
- Offer a trial period and keep track of progress. Make a plan on what should their goal be. Ask them to monitor their progress. At the end of the trial period review their progress. If it’s still not up to the markets time to part ways.
These are the steps you must take, for maximum benefit of your company. However, another very important step is to learn from your mistake.
Given that the process is resource-intensive, we need to make sure that we reduce the possibility of encountering a bad hire. Other understanding of human behaviour suggests that human beings are predictable, and this opens fascinating solutions to this problem. Document what went wrong and make sure that in future, you review these points
- Design a thorough screening, shortlisting process: Regardless you are hiring via the HR team or via a recruiter- ask for this design- understand what is being evaluated during these process steps and what is the method to record and use this evaluation.
- Define a rigorous interview process: Use documents to record observations and make note of nonverbal cues, behavioural traits and not just competence and previous track record to predict the future performance at work.
- Find their purpose: We all look to have a meaning and purpose in our lives, and since we spend more than 1/3 of our life at work, finding purpose in the work we do is critical. Interviews are a great time to evaluate how can the candidate find purpose in the role he is to perform- how it matches and fits his overall temperament and aspiration for self and life. Ask the applicant what they know about your company and why they want to work there. Listen carefully to what they say.
- Define the company culture: Be clear about your company’s values and culture. It’s hard to evaluate a prospect if you’re not clear about what makes your company tick, makes it successful, and the type of people who thrive there. During the interview process, ensure that the candidate gets a clear idea on expectations from the role as well and do it repeatedly during every interview round. This way, post-hiring issues can be avoided.
- Execute comprehensive reference checks: Not as another item to be ticked off, but as a goldmine of information on the candidate you are coming closer to hire. Spend good time on understanding the value systems of the candidate as he exhibited at his previous workplaces/peers etc to understand the person behind the skills. Try and check references beyond the ones provided. Check their Twitter, Facebook, and other social media just to be in tune.
- Psychometric Tools: If in doubt, take help of psychometric tools to strengthen your decision in favour of or against the candidature.
- Get the Team involved: You can also involve some of the people the applicant will be working within the hiring process. Get the applicant’s resume to them ahead of time, so that they can formulate some questions. As for technical positions, get your experts involved in the hiring process and ask specific, technical questions to determine their expertise
- Right Onboarding: Take special care while onboarding candidates- again setting expectations right from Day 1 and providing gentle, yet immediate feedback can help manage further issues. If you spot issues post-on-boarding, understand if this is situational or behavioural. If situational, stand by your new employee and give them time (exercise prudence). If in unfortunate cases, it is behavioural, bite the bullet and let go as soon as possible. Learn to cut losses early.
These are some of our thoughts that we believe can help with reducing the potential losses with a bad hire. Though never fools proof, can take the sting out of the equation.
If you experience more bad hires than good, speak to us and we will be happy to understand and re-design your interview process.
Join us in Lucknow this September to Meet Antal International’s Managing Director (India) – Joseph Devasia
We’re giving select aspiring entrepreneurs like yourself an exciting opportunity to join us at our Antal India Owners’s Meet on September 12 – 13, 2019 in Lucknow.
Take advantage of this excellent opportunity to meet Antal International’s India Managing Director Joseph Devasia. Mr. Devasia’s association with Antal goes back almost a decade; it was in 2006 that he brought the Antal brand to India and became Antal’s first franchisee in the country. While considering entrepreneurship he was looking at a business where he could utilise his industry expertise and knowledge. While looking for entrepreneurial opportunities he came across Antal, he liked the proposition of getting back into the Indian market with a well-established international brand, and the rest is history. Today under his leadership, Antal has grown to 45 offices in 14 cities with over 100 consultants.
During this meeting Mr. Devasia will speak on the following
His journey with Antal and its growth story in India and globally
The Antal proposition and how it benefits you and your career aspirations
Your role as an Antal Owner and key recruitment advisor to corporates
Benefits of being part of a network of like-minded entrepreneurs
Indian job market scenarios – the opportunities and challenges
Know more about Joseph Devasia: Prior to launching Antal in India in 2007, Joseph has had over 10 years’ experience in Manufacturing, IT Consulting and Human Resources in India and the UK. Joseph holds a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from Maharaja Sayajirao University, Vadodara, India. 12 years since stepping into the Indian recruitment market and launching a new recruitment brand, Joseph carved a niche for himself and Antal International in the Indian job market. He drove Antal growth story, today Antal has a network of 50 offices across 14 Indian cities. A well-known face within the Indian recruitment and business circuit, Joseph is regarded as a thought leader and influencer within the industry. His opinions on job market trends have often been published in leading publications such as Economic Times, Times of India, Mint, Business Standard. He has featured twice in LinkedIn’s Annual Staffing Coffee Table Book – Leaders That Inspire
To join us for this exciting meeting to understand Antal Franchise Model and the role you will play in as our Managing Partner write to Dhvani Maniar at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 022 40634908/33/9930099216 and we will be happy to give you a sneak peek into what this event looks like. All you have to do then is to book your flights and enjoy the pleasant stay with us. To know more about us visit http://www.india.antalfranchising .com
Sunil Kapoor, who is based out of Gurgaon, has been a Managing Partner with Antal since June 1st, 2017.
Management Graduate from IMT, Ghaziabad, he has 14 years of experience in Global Supply Chain and worked for companies like PepsiCo, Reliance, Continental, Magneti Marelli (FCA Group). He played a key role in The Auto Manual Transmission Launch in India and is an expert in World Class Manufacturing, Global Supply Chain & Operations. In Antalhe mainly focuses on recruiting within the Automotive Industry.
Why did you choose the recruitment franchise business? What are the good things about working in the recruitment industry?
I love to connect with people, whether it be professionally or socially. The recruitment business is not restrictive in nature and it instead gives you an opportunity to work cross-functionally and across various industries, letting you explore as much as you would like to. At present, I am in touch with around 100 market leaders who are phenomenally great at what they do, which in turn has helped me learn different aspects of several industries.
- How did you hear about Antal International? And what made you pick Antal of all the choices you had?
Having worked for corporate for 14 years, I wanted to start working for myself. Thus, despite enjoying my professional life I decided to start my own venture. I was working on multiple plans, lean manufacturing services, retail chains, and automotive spare business when I connected with Antal in April 2017 which was a mutual interest of me and my wife (Rekha Kapoor, HR professional)
- How were your initial days in the business? What are the challenges you faced and how did you overcome them?
The initial days were a little rough, especially because all I had was, myself. As I was completely on my own, the entire workload fell upon my shoulders. The consultants I hired, required time in order to genuinely perform well. So, I was handling business development & delivery, as well as training the consultants.
- How is your business functioning now? When did you make your first placement?
The business is running on track but doing so definitely took a lot of effort. Thankfully, a committed team, continuous BD, and the Antal process have all worked in my favor and helped in ways I couldn’t have imagined. I made my first placement in sometime within two months (Hella Lighting) after starting this business. I came across a role in the second week of my training in Mumbai. The position had been open for a year and we filled it in with 3 profiles itself! I recall vividly how happy the client was. In fact, they ended up sharing another role with us, along with a very appreciative testimonial.
- What are your plans for the next years?
I work within the automotive sector and although there is a slowdown in the industry, I would like to keep continuing within the same domain. I am also planning on building a stronger team by next year. I want to see my office in the top 5 offices of the Antal network by 2020-21 and to achieve this I am:
– Building a separate team for BD
– Focusing on mid to senior level positioning
– Working on ultra-specialization
- What do you like most about Antal?
I really like the processes that are used by Antal. This is what attracted me to be a Managing Partner in the first place and gladly, even after two years, I am in love with the processes. Furthermore, Antal has a great network of entrepreneurs, which gives you enough motivation to do better and better, every day.
- What is the key advice you would give to other prospective franchisees that are considering this kind of self-employment?
I would strongly recommend focusing on specializing and creating your own identity within any Industry/Domain. Work on your personal relationship with top management (client), try to conduct face-to-face meetings with the top leader and keep a close eye on your client’s movements so that you are able to propose the right resource, at the right time, to the right person.
- What’s your fitness mantra?
It’s a secret. Actually, it’s Morning Yoga & Meditation.
- How do you balance your professional & personal life?
My partner is working with me, so it feels like Antal is my personal & professional life, both. We work very hard in the office (8AM-6PM) so we don’t take work at home. After office hours are spent with our daughter.
- Which is your favourite holiday destination?
We like Europe, especially because of the architecture and natural beauty. This year we visited Himachal Pradesh and we are planning to visit Goa in November.
- Your hobbies?
Traveling to explore new places, listening to music, yoga & meditation.
- Your proud Antal Moment?
I feel it is yet to come because there is so much to achieve
- What keeps you motivated to do the same job every day?
Other managing partners, discussions related to achieving targets, are a few things that always boost me to push myself.
Meet the man behind one of the fastest-growing recruitment brand – Tony Goodwin, Founder & CEO, Antal.
If you are still wondering if Antal is the right franchise opportunity for you? We’re are giving you a fantastic chance to meet Mr. Tony Goodwin – the founder and chief executive officer of Antal International and embark you on a journey to learn and understand more about our award-winning business, globally recognized for our achievements in recruitment, franchising, entrepreneurialism, and training. Tony has built an empire in recruitment and is running it flawlessly for the past 25 years. Today Antal has grown to 140 offices across 36 countries.
Know more about Tony Goodwin: Tony is the founder and chief executive officer of Antal International. A graduate of Middlesex University, Tony trained as a chartered accountant before moving into financial recruitment where he ran operations for HW Group (now part of Hudson). In 1993, spotting the potential of the new professional employment markets in the former Warsaw pact countries; he set up his own business with an office in Budapest in Hungary and named the company Antal – Hungarian for ‘Tony’. Since then Tony and his team have developed substantial businesses in highly challenging environments across the globe, including Russia and China. In 2001, in conjunction with the group’s managing director, Graeme Read, Tony developed a franchise brand to supplement the wholly-owned organization – Antal International Network (AIN). In June 2010, Tony was named as one of the country’s top businessmen after being awarded a prize at the Ernst & Young London & South Entrepreneur of the Year Awards 2010, he went on to win the same award in this category in 2011. Tony set up Antal Charitable Foundation which focuses on assisting children’s charities such as Duke of Edinburgh Award, Chance UK and Smiling Children. Tony also occasionally manages to find time to make use of his long-standing season ticket at Chelsea FC and has published the book ‘How They Blew It’ in July 2010.
To join us for this exciting meeting to understand Antal Franchise Model and the role you will play in as our Managing Partner write to Dhvani Maniar @ email@example.com or call on 022 40634908/33/9930099216 and we will be happy to give you a sneak peek into what this event looks like. All you have to do then is to book your flights and enjoy the pleasant stay with us.
To know more about us visit www.india.antalfranchising.com